Tax Planning Season — Just What the Doctor Ordered!
Are you stressed about the taxes you may have to pay come April? A tax planning session will ease your mind.
“Tax planning is the single most important service we provide to our clients” according to Joe Bressler, CPA of Bressler & Company Certified Public Accountants. Most people don’t think about how they’re going to do on their taxes until after the Holiday rush, but that’s way too late. Most changes have to be made long before December 31st.
Tax planning is the key to successfully and legally reducing your tax liability. Bressler & Company is gearing up to start tax planning sessions now. Most appointments start in October and run all the way through December 23rd each year. The fill up quickly, but Bressler can usually fit everyone in before the end of the year.
During this session, they look at every financial aspect — your income, your estate, your investments, your gifts, and your retirement distributions. They give you a picture of your future tax liabilities without any changes, options to make changes to reduce those taxes, and most importantly, time to make those changes before it’s too late. This session will help you grow and preserve your assets much faster and retire in style sooner. It’s just what the doctor ordered to reduce your stress level before the holidays.
Not sure if you need a tax planning session? Along with all the uncertainties and changes in the new tax law passed by Congress last year eliminating many previous deductions, this list of life events could mean substantial changes to your tax obligation:
- Did you get married, divorced, or become widowed?
- Did you change jobs or has your spouse started or stopped working?
- Did you have a substantial gain or loss on the sale of a house, stocks or bonds?
- Did you buy or sell a rental?
- Did you start, acquire, or sell a business?
- If you are 70.5 years or older, are you on track to withdraw the required amount from your IRA ?
- Were you a beneficiary of an inheritance this year?
- Did you or your spouse retire this year?
Remember, we work for you — not the IRS. It’s always best to be safe rather than sorry later. If you’re not sure, a tax planning session could ease your mind. Give us a call today to schedule yours — 559-924-1225.